Hi I’m Paul, an expat living in Boracay and the author of BoracayCompass – The Ultimate Guide To Boracay. For over four years, BoracayCompass has been a helpful resource for people vacationing in Boracay, with tens of thousands of visitors per month. Now I’m looking to hire one or more freelance writers to help expand the website…
The mission of BoracayCompass is to provide people visiting Boracay with a comprehensive catalog of in-depth articles and guides about all things Boracay – so that they have all the information they need to make the most out of their stay on the island.
The kind of person I’m looking for
I’m looking for one or more part-time freelance writers to start with. My goal is to in that process find at least one good writer. Once found I’ll have a lot more work available for that person, for the long term. Possible additional jobs/responsibilities are local research, taking pictures, shooting videos, and email outreach to promote the website.
To be considered for this role, you must:
- Live or at least spend a large portion of your time in Boracay
- Be decent at written English (it doesn’t have to be perfect, just good enough)
- Be passionate about Boracay (because this comes across in your writing)
- Be reliable and meet deadlines on time
- Check your email regularly and respond in a timely manner
- Be willing and eager to learn
Note 1: Previous working experience as a writer isn’t a requirement, though it’s a plus. The most important thing is that your written English is decent, and that you enjoy sharing your knowledge about Boracay with the world.
Note 2: Each article assignment comes with a detailed brief, so you’ll have clear guidance on how to write and structure the content. Yet at the same time you also have plenty of creative freedom, since the writing style of BoracayCompass is that of a guide-blog.
Here are some articles from BoracayCompass to get an idea about the expected writing style:
- The Ultimate Guide To Boracay’s Nightlife
- Boracay’s 15 Best Must-Eat Budget Restaurants
- What Boracay’s White Beach is Like & Where To Stay
- Boracay’s 12 Best Station 1 Hotels, From Luxury to Budget
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Pay is negotiable and depends on the quality of your work
How to Apply
To apply for this job please contact me here.